Tool for strategic planning (connectivity with Jira)

Ofira Daniel August 8, 2017

Hi ,

How can I manage strategic backlog of specific project ? 

1. Looking for tool where I can start and enter Epic (/ Theme) and decide later based on priority if to enter it to product BKL or not 
  2. Tool that will give easy option to rank between the Items 

Will be happy to get recommendations ! 

2 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

For strategic and roadmap planning, you can also try JIRA portfolio - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/portfolio/agile-roadmap-planning

Ofira Daniel August 10, 2017

Tried it . 

Tool is not mature , bugs and  lack of capabilities.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

That's pretty much what a Scrum board's backlog does already.

To expand on that though, think of it like this:

You have a workflow that starts with "new", and those issues should not go into the backlog until they've been examined and had some planning done.  The next status is "to do", then "development" and so-on.

To keep it simple, let's say it's a single project.

Create a Scrum board with "Project = X and status != New"

Create a Kanban board with "Project = X and status in (New, To do)"

You now have a planning Kanban board that represents your unplanned stuff, which you can throw into the Scrum backlog whenever you are ready.

Ofira Daniel August 10, 2017

Thanks , looking for tool I can see plan vs. velocity + see if I have bugs in my planning vs. the defined dependacies

Suggest an answer