Toggl Update; Toggle Button Disappears

Chris Schacherer January 10, 2018

following update of toggl button to 1.9.0 the toggl button no longer shows up in Jira--though still works as usual from the browser menubar--firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit) on MacOS.  Do you know if there is a fix to this issue that I can implement?

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Schacherer January 18, 2018

This has been submitted as a jira bug (AC-2398).  More specifically, the toggl button (and apparently other 3rd party apps) is no longer showing up on the right side of the screen when a specific issue is selected on a board.  Instead, user must navigate to the issue detail page to start/stop timer instead of starting and stopping timer from the board screen.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Thanks for letting me know.  I'm going to watch that issue as well.  I find it interesting I don't experience that issue so hopefully the product team can resolve this quickly.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Chris,

• Are you using Cloud or Server?
  • Does it show up if you open a private window in Firefox?
  • Does it work if you open Firefox in Safe Mode?

I am using Firefox 57.0.4 on Sierra with the Toggle 1.9.0 add-on and I started a Cloud instance and I was able to get it to show up in that instance:

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 5.05.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 5.05.15 PM.png

As a test I did this in a local instance and it showed up as well. 

I would try a Private Window and Safe Mode.  To put Firefox in Safe Mode:

1. Click the menu button Fx57menu ,
  2. Click Help
  3. Select Restart with Add-ons Disabled

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Branden

Chris Schacherer January 13, 2018

Still does not show up.  This is absolutely infuriating.  I hate when a simple update to software completely sidelines me for hours.  What else can I try?  I've removed toggl plug-in from firefox and reinstalled it.  I see various "versions" of toggl integration for jira on the "manage add-ons" section of my jira account.  Do I need to download and install a different version from there?  Completely at a loss here.

Chris Schacherer January 13, 2018

I'm on a cloud account and have tried starting firefox in a private window and safe mode.  Not sure, thought, what safe mode was supposed to do as it disables the add-ons.

Suggest an answer