Timeline in Jira Cloud

dennish_dcsorg_com April 28, 2021

I recently noticed there is a new option in my projects (classic projects) for a timeline. I assume this is a recent add for cloud?

Does it have the ability to filter based on certain fields? I'd like to filter out a particular task type in the timeline.

timeline.jpg

4 answers

1 accepted

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

Hello,

For anyone who steps on this thread, the timeline feature available on Business projects can now be filtered by specific fields listed in the filter drop-down at the top-right corner of the view, as displayed in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 15.50.59.png

Thanks!
Petter Gonçalves - Atlassian support

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi Dennish,

This is actually the new Work Management Project type in Jira. I am not aware of any way to filter out issues in the Timeline right now. But you can email your suggestions to this address:

jwm-eap@atlassian.com

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Good catch, @John Funk !

I don't work with Business projects so I didn't even think to check for that option under that type of project.

@dennish_dcsorg_com is this an option appearing for your Business projects, or is it showing up for other (Software, Service) project types?

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
dennish_dcsorg_com April 28, 2021

Strange! That looks like it and we do use the calendar from that company but I don't have the timeline app installed (it gives me the option to install on their page). It's not listed in my apps section (just the calendar from them is).

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

I am not seeing that in the Standard product plan.

Has an app recently been added to your instance from the Marketplace? I found this one which appears to add a Timeline option to the navigation pane.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220726/timeline-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events