Time tracking reporting

Tony Wood November 28, 2017

HI

I am encouraging my team to track their time in Jira against the issues/tasks. Is there anyway to get a report/Extract on a weekly basis show what time each person has done for the previous week (even raw data then I can filter) so they can use it as input into their timesheets (in another system). This is not ideal but if I can get an extract that shows what time a person has done against what tasks then it will facilitate the logging into the timesheeting system

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

I use the Time Reports add-on and create a dashboard gadget for hours logged per day for each person.  I tried to add a link to the add on but the spam filter is flagging so just go to the market place and search.

Tony Wood November 28, 2017

That sounds great. How do I get the time reports add-on.

Regards Tony

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

are you an admin? if so go to the admin>add ons page search for the add-on and install. if not an admin contact your admin.  Note this isn't a free add on.

Tony Wood November 30, 2017

Thanks for that. I found a Timesheet plug in which is perfect. So have installed it and getting reports out. Now encouraging the team to make sure they use time tracking. The report I get out then provides the detail they (and I ) need to enter into the timesheeting system. My next step is to see if I can get a direct import (to avoid double keying)  

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

Hi @Tony Wood 

I noticed you didn't mark this question as answered. Have you found an app that you are happy with and still using?

Regards,

Jakub.

Tony Wood March 5, 2019

While I found a plug in that would create a ticket in Jira it did not let me set any meta data (e.g. default into the current sprint, the name of the person submitting it, priority etc)

It dropped the ticket into the bottom of the backlog which meant that the person who was putting the entry in could not see it and it required someone to follow up on it and move it while filling the data in.

Suggest an answer