Time tracking not working keeps saying "You need to be logged in order to start tracking" but i am.

bhopkinsatbb December 3, 2020

Can someone help me out.

I have added time tracking permissions for myself in the issues settings, followed the instructions carefully twice, but time tracking will not turn on. See my little video here of what is happening. (the error message in the subject line above  is no longer displaying as i clicked 'prvent further dialogues from this page' hoping it may solve the issue)

It means logged in to Jira right, or not?  I am logged in to Jira, and Jira time tracking is the item selected to use in the settings.

What am I missing, please?

https://www.screencast.com/t/rvf3vEJf6o

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

So this appears to be an addon app you are using? I’m unfamiliar with that icon in your video. I recommend reaching out to the vendor of the app directly. You might also check a different browser but I don’t suspect that is the issue TBH. 

bhopkinsatbb December 3, 2020

Hi Jack, ahhhhhh. A long time ago I added a time tracking extension to chrome. I removed it and the icon is gone. 

So that creates a second question. Time tracking capability is built right into to Jiar natively, right? Can you tell me where is the button for user to start Jiar time tracking when they are working?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

there isn't a button to start/stop a clock. you basically just use log time. the methods differ from Classic and NG and even on what screen you are on. Below is an example of one method.

while in detail issue view click on the time tracking area. if you don't see time tracking you need to add it to your screen

timelog.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events