Time estimates not tracking properly?

Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2011

We're having some issues with Greenhopper's time tracking functions. Specifically, we've noticed that for some versions the time estimated is listed as 0 minutes (despite every technical task in the sprint having been given an estimated time).

Moreover, we've noticed that this problem seems to be affecting "Sprint 1" specifically in each of our projects. It's a weird coincidence.

I've seen reference to time tracking issues with GH in other places, is there a realistic fix or workaround to it? Otherwise the time info in the system is unreliable and thus useless to us.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2011

It turns out that Greenhopper is very finicky about dates. The issue I was experiencing stemmed from creating tasks for a sprint that had a starting date in the past - Greenhopper time tracking is set up to not add new task time estimates to existing sprints. That's the right functionality, it just makes backdating projects difficult. Which is intended.

Thanks all.

0 votes
Deleted user December 7, 2011

Did you set the Start Date of the sprint? I think I forgot once and I got the same result.

Suggest an answer