Time estimates not tracking properly?

We're having some issues with Greenhopper's time tracking functions. Specifically, we've noticed that for some versions the time estimated is listed as 0 minutes (despite every technical task in the sprint having been given an estimated time).

Moreover, we've noticed that this problem seems to be affecting "Sprint 1" specifically in each of our projects. It's a weird coincidence.

I've seen reference to time tracking issues with GH in other places, is there a realistic fix or workaround to it? Otherwise the time info in the system is unreliable and thus useless to us.

2 answers

1 accepted

It turns out that Greenhopper is very finicky about dates. The issue I was experiencing stemmed from creating tasks for a sprint that had a starting date in the past - Greenhopper time tracking is set up to not add new task time estimates to existing sprints. That's the right functionality, it just makes backdating projects difficult. Which is intended.

Thanks all.

Did you set the Start Date of the sprint? I think I forgot once and I got the same result.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,007 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot