Time Remaining not showing up in Epic when logged on tasks

Beth Nimmo June 19, 2020

Hello,

I'm creating a proof of concept for time tracking for a team in our company. I have multiple epics with estimated time entered on each , and multiple tasks under each epic. I have logged time on the tasks and time remaining shows up on each task but is NOT showing up on the epics. The epics still show all the time is remaining and it has not auto calculated the time remaining even though it is set to auto calculate. 

What am I missing?

Thank you so much for your help,

Beth

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2020

Hi @Beth Nimmo 

You can roll logged time on sub-tasks to the parent - such as a Story or Task.

There's not a further option to roll up stories or task logged time to an Epic though at this stage in standard Jira.

Like @Joshua Sneed Contegix suggested, apps like Epic Sum Up or Agile Docs can do this.

Or you can vote / follow ideas for this on JAC - such as JSWCLOUD-8726 

Ste

Beth Nimmo June 22, 2020

Thank you, Stephen! This is helpful. 

Archana Kumari September 4, 2022

Hi, How do I access Epic Sum Up's time remaining? I would like to show this time remaining on the epic

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Hi Beth,

Auto-calculation (automation) is brought to Jira by apps from the Atlassian Marketplace. My organization accomplished what you are describing using Epic Sum Up for Jira. Cheers!

Beth Nimmo June 19, 2020

Thanks-- but Jira can do this without the marketplace add-on. I've done it before so I'm hoping someone still has an answer out there.  I'll check your thing out if this fails.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Hi Beth,
I would love to know how to do it without a plugin. Will you report back if you find a way? Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events