Time Estimate and Time Remaining error in Greenhopper

Tibor Valy July 16, 2011

These errors appear only for my "Development" project.

1. In GH Planning Board\Version and in GH Chart Board, Time Estimate for the version (Nyár2011) and its parent version (DEV-2011) are both "0d", the expected value is: “27.5d”

2. In GH Planning Board\Version and in GH Chart Board, Time Remaining for the child project (Nyár2011) is “26.5d” but for the parent project (DEV-2011) is only “4d 1h”. The expected value is “26.5d” too, because all tasks are associated to this child, and it is the only child.

Do I miss something, or it is a bug somewhere?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Valy July 17, 2011

I also posted it as an issue and got the answer in a couple of hours (great!).

One problem was the missing parent start date (see previous answer).

The general cause was, that we included the sprint planning in the sprint itself, so we considered the sprint started on the 15th of July when we had the planning meeting, but actually we entered the tasks in Jira on the next day. GH accounted for the sprint only the tasks entered prior the start date, and not having any, considered the original estimate zero.

The solution was wery simple: I just set the sprint start date to the 18th of July (Monday), when the effective work started, and this sorted out the "errors".

Lessons learned:

1. the planning is not part of the sprint,
  2. always enter the tasks for a sprint BEFORE the date set for sprint start.
1 vote
Deleted user July 17, 2011

Did you set a start date for the parent sprint? I faced the same problem and was missing the start date for the sprint.

Suggest an answer