This license is not a valid JIRA Data Center license.

Purchased "JIRA Software (Server) 10 users: starter license" but when I try to set up my account and insert the license key I was given, I receive a message stating that it is not a valid JIRA Data Center license.

Please advise.

Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Erin,

You're using a JIRA Software license for JIRA Data Center. It will not work. 

Thank you for your response. Am I able to set up my JIRA Software license on my AWS or would I have to get a different product/license? 

Thanks in advance!

0 votes
Accepted answer

If you are trying to install a data center deployment of Jira (a Jira installation that has multiple nodes), then you cannot use a starter license on this kind of installation.   The starter licenses are only intended for server installs with a single node.

If you want to try out the data center installation, I would recommend creating an evaluation license for Jira Software Data Center on https://my.atlassian.com   These licenses have a 30 day window before they expire, but there is no cost with this kind of evaluation license.

I believe the base installation package is the same between Jira Software Data Center and Jira Software Server.  It's just that in data center you have to follow additional steps in order to setup and configure a multiple Jira node infrastructure. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,104 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you