This license is not a valid JIRA Data Center license.

Erin Feldman November 5, 2017

Purchased "JIRA Software (Server) 10 users: starter license" but when I try to set up my account and insert the license key I was given, I receive a message stating that it is not a valid JIRA Data Center license.

Please advise.

Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

If you are trying to install a data center deployment of Jira (a Jira installation that has multiple nodes), then you cannot use a starter license on this kind of installation.   The starter licenses are only intended for server installs with a single node.

If you want to try out the data center installation, I would recommend creating an evaluation license for Jira Software Data Center on https://my.atlassian.com   These licenses have a 30 day window before they expire, but there is no cost with this kind of evaluation license.

I believe the base installation package is the same between Jira Software Data Center and Jira Software Server.  It's just that in data center you have to follow additional steps in order to setup and configure a multiple Jira node infrastructure. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2017

Hi Erin,

You're using a JIRA Software license for JIRA Data Center. It will not work. 

Erin Feldman November 6, 2017

Thank you for your response. Am I able to set up my JIRA Software license on my AWS or would I have to get a different product/license? 

Thanks in advance!

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Suggest an answer