This board is unable to use an Agile Simplified Workflow.

I'm getting this error on

Column management

And I need help figuring out how to resolve it.

2 answers

Or does this error get displayed the moment you deviat from out-of-box by adding a new column/status?

0 vote

No, this error is a bit of a grey area. It's not really an error, but neither is it a user mistake because it's not telling the user what it thinks they've got wrong.

It does NOT matter that you've gone away from "out of the box", it's more a case of "you've done something that I don't understand, or doin't grasp what you are trying to do"

That message really does mean "you have complex workflows I cannot simplify automatically". It's likely to be that you've got more than workflow for the project, but you also want to check the fields to make sure they all line up for Agile working.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Using+JIRA+Agile+Simplified+Workflow#UsingJIRAAgileSimplifiedWorkflow-whyNot

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

37 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot