There is no postfunction "Update Custom Field" in jira server 8.1.0

baimih July 26, 2019

In "Add postfunction" section there is no "Update Custom Field", only "Update Issue Field". When I choose this option, there is no field "Epic Status" in the Issue field dropdown.
I've checked this with 8.0.2 and 8.1.0 versions.
Can you give me an answer which versions are suitable for this article?
BTW, I can develop my own postfunction and I don't want to use any plug-ins to solve my problem

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

Hi Mihail,

I understand you are looking to be able to change the value of a custom field in a Jira workflow post-function, but are not seeing this option.

This specific post-function has actually never existed within Jira Server natively (Jira Cloud natively does have this specific post-function though).  The article you are referring to is in the jirakb namespace.  These are a collection of knowledge articles that are created by Atlassian support team (primarily) and intended to help users resolve various problems relating to Jira.

This article does explain in the preparations section that you would need a plugin like Jira Suite Utilities here.  That specific plugin does add a post-function that permits you to update custom fields. 

There is also an existing feature request for this to come to Jira natively over in JRASERVER-7657.  However the most recent update on this topic from 2018 has explained that this feature has not been prioritized.

I believe that at the time this KB article was first created, this specific plugin was actually listed in Marketplace for free.  It was about a year or two ago, if I recall correctly, that the plugin vendor, beecom, decided to make this a paid use plugin.

I hope this helps to at least clarify the situation here.

Andy

baimih July 29, 2019

Thank you for your answer, Andy. 
It seems I've missed that Jira Suite Plugin is needed for appearing of custom field postfunction.

So. if I want to change Epic Status field in a workflow transition, I should develop my own postfunction or find a plugin which has that functionality.

Suggest an answer