There is a "list view" in Team managed projects, but there are none in company managed projects?

AP4 Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

Is it possible to see the _same_ list view from "team-managed projects" in "company managed projects"? 
I don't understand why there is a feature in one and missing from another, or is it me, who missing it. 

Regards,

Alpha

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

Hi @AP4 Support  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You might be confusing different projects. There is a List view for Jira Work Management project - both Team-managed and Company-managed. This is no List view for Jira Software projects - either type. 

AP4 Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

There is company managed and team manager projects in my project lists. 

In the team managed projects there are this view: 
2024-02-20_14-08.png

In my company managed projectsd there is not. 

For software projects there are no list view, for business project there one?  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

Correct, as I said, Jira Work Management (Business) projects have both Team-managed and Company-managed options. And both have Lists. 

Jira Software also has Team-managed and Company-managed options but neither have Lists.

In your screenshot, that is a Jira Work Management project. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2024

Hi @AP4 Support

welcome to the community!

As John already said, the list view is exclusive to JWM.

This being said, if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll find options there that also work for other project types. E.g., my team and I work on an app that might solve your use case very elegantly, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. In a sense, it has a few things in common with JWM's list view, however JXL comes with a range of advanced features, and also works in (and across!) projects of any type, not just JWM projects. 

This is how it looks in action:

jxl-basics.gif

As every JXL sheet is powered by a saved filter or a JQL statement, you can pull in any set of issues to a sheet; it doesn't matter what project(s) and project type(s) these issues are coming from.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events