The update of my custom field "Description Activity" is not taken into account, why ?

Faten Asselin-Mezhoud January 20, 2021

Hello, 
I have created a custom field names "Description Activity" to have a special description in the User Stories tickets , only in my stream. 
It was working fine. 
We have decided to translate the description in english, so I have modified the custom field to put the translation inside. The change is not visible. The field is still in french. I have modified the name of the field, juste to be sure: it is the right field, but not translated. 
Thanks for your help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Hi @Faten Asselin-Mezhoud,

Did you edit the custom field name or use the translation feature? If you translated the custom field name, did you make sure to change your language in your profile settings?

Best,

- Manon

Hello Manon, 
Thanks for your message. 
I have edited the field. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Thanks for these details, when did you make the change? It can take a few minutes (sometimes hours but that's rare) to update custom fields name on Jira Cloud.

Where do you still see the old name of the custom field? Can you check in your screens if the old or new name of the field appears?

I've done the change last week...
OK I've just found the problem: I've changed the description, but not the default value. 
Thanks for your help !

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

Glad it helped! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events