The security department at my job will like to add a checklist for security review in our workflow

Princess July 12, 2021

Please how can i do this? 

After “Ready for Grooming”, we want a check box that says, "Does this require Security review?" If it does, we need them to add the component “Security Review” to the ticket. 

Later, when a ticket is moved to “Ready for Testing”, we want this checklist item: "If this ticket was flagged for Security Review, did you perform this security review?" This should be on stories, bugs, and tasks.

Thank you for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hello @Princess 

Welcome to the community.

You can add a custom field that is a checkbox, or a radio button with Yes/No options. The simplest solution would have the field(s) display all the time. Making them display based on the status of the issue is not a feature that is available natively in Jira.

The exact steps for creating a custom field depend on whether you are working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project. It will say which it is at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Princess July 12, 2021

Thank you @Trudy Claspill  for your help. I will look into this and hopefully I'm able to figure it out

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

If you tell us what type of project it is, we can direct you to the correct documentation and offer more specific guidance.

Princess July 13, 2021

Its a company managed project @Trudy Claspill I believe that's what your asking?

Thank you!!!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

Here is the starting page for the addition of custom fields for a Company Managed project.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-a-custom-field/

At a high level you have to:

1. Create the field itself, at a system level.

2. Add it to Field Configuration(s) that apply to the projects and issues types where you want the field to be available.

3. Add it to the Screens that apply to the projects and issues types where you want the field to be available.

Like Princess likes this
Princess July 14, 2021

Thank you so much @Trudy Claspill  Its beginning to make more sense to me. I think the part " Making them display based on the status of the issue is not a feature that is available natively in Jira" is what is making it tricky. 

Thank you again. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

You could add a screen to the Workflow Transitions so that when the issue is transitioned to "Ready for Grooming" a pop-up displays with the field for "Does this require security Review?", as a reminder to the user to consider if that is needed. You could do the same for the other field and the other workflow transition.

If you have the option to subscribe to third party apps for your instance there are some apps that could extend the functionality of workflow validators so that you could also apply some validation as part of the transition. For instance, if you made the field a radio button with Yes/No options you could validate that either Yes or No was selected (that is was not left set to None). There are multiple apps available that can extend workflow functionality. The one that I am familiar with from using in on Jira Data Center a few years ago is Adaptavist Scriptrunner.

Princess July 15, 2021

Thank you @Trudy Claspill for your help. Much appreciated. 

This was very helpful.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events