The @mention feature is not sending emails

Chrystian Soto March 26, 2020

Hello, I'm having a problem with the @mention function. None of the @mention users get an email when mentioned in a ticket or a comment. 

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Van Vucht September 29, 2022

I suspect that Atlassian has been trying to address this bug: [JRACLOUD-78304] Internal mention notification is triggered to customer accounts - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

We use both Jira Service Management and Jira Software. Users in our Jira Software projects have noticed that mentions have stopped working for them over the past week.

I suspect that some sites that have Jira Service Management may have had a "helpful" patch applied which is breaking the Mention feature.

0 votes
Anneli Arula March 30, 2020

Hello! 

We are having the same problem. Users do have browse issues permission. 

Regards, 

Anneli

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2020

Hi @Chrystian Soto 

Welcome to the community!

For this issue, I can think of a couple of issues to check:

• For the people you mention, do they have permission to browse the specific issues?
  • Next, ask your admin to check the notification scheme to see if the users can be notified.

Best regards,

Bill

Chrystian Soto March 30, 2020

Thank you for your help @[deleted] I did review both options, and both are correctly setup. I'm currently reviewing the recipient's email settings since is not all users presenting this issue. it seems that outlook is blocking the notification's emails, sending them into quarantine and is taking a bit longer than expected for the "Quarantined message" to be shown.

I will update this thread with the appropriate solution notes. 

Thank you, have an excellent day, 

Chrystian

tony.engvall October 22, 2021

Hi it seems we have the same problem.
How did you solve it?

Keri Mason September 27, 2022

I'm having this problem as well.  It was working but suddenly stopped. 

Kristina Galyer September 28, 2022

Ditto - it was working and stopped a few days ago.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events