The burndown chart lines are not going down and not able to see other lines?

Satyajit Baral December 11, 2020

The burndown chart lines are not going down and not able to see other lines?

Alos logged hours but the line is not going down?

Also, my burndown chart not showing below: Is there a setting change? 

• Work scope
  • Scope projection
  • Completed Work
  • Guideline

5 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Your burndown chart looks like you started a sprint with no estimated items in it, and have then started adding estimated items into it.  You can't burn down if you do that - the sprint needs to record the estimates at the beginning of the sprint, and in this case, it's starting at 0 and has nowhere to go.  I suspect the burndown and guidelines are actually being drawn in the chart, but as every point on them is 0, they're a simple flat line along the x axis at 0

0 votes
Satyajit Baral December 14, 2020

jira2.PNGMy question is how all the three lines are reflecting in the Burnup chart, not in the Burndown chart??  I know I made a mistake by first stating the spring then added the stories to the sprint and then points!! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Burn up doesn't start from the included estimates at the beginning of the sprint.  It starts at 0 and simply adds what is marked done as you go.

Like Satyajit Baral likes this
0 votes
  1. Thank you for all the answers, my next question is there any guiding steps on how to have a proper burndown chart. Now I know, first I have to estimate then pull the stories to sprint. Any other references, docs, videos?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2020
0 votes
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2020

Hi,

This could be because the Y axis measure is in story points, so once the user story is closed its corresponding story points will be accounted for closure and there will trigger a dip in the burn down chart. Hope this helps.

0 votes

Jira.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events