Text renderer problem after migrating to Cloud

Alan Crean June 25, 2017

Jira Sever had the Jeditor pluging installed.

Migrated to the Cloud Version. There is no Jeditor plugin for Cloud.

All the content appears as markup text.

Tried changing to the Wiki renderer in the filed configuration but no change.

Any idea how I can get the text to dispplay in a Rich format?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2017

You'll need to edit all the text. 

The problem here is that the Jeditor add-on has stored a load of formatting information in a form of markup.  JIRA has its own storage format for formatted text with the rich renderers, and doesn't understand the Jeditor format.  All it can do is render what it sees as plain text as that.

Alan Crean June 26, 2017

Thanks Nic. I was afraid of that.

rae edwards December 8, 2021

We are getting ready to migrate our on premise Jira and Jira service desk projects to the cloud. We have relied on JEditor to create our support tickets.
1. Has anyone found a faster way to edit the text after it has been migrated?

2. Is there a comparable cloud plugin that we can install in place of JEditor?

thanks,

Rae

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hello @rae edwards  I read about a third party mark-up converter "Wikifier markup converter" . That serves as  as a workaround to convert the JEditor markup to comparable markup understood by Jira on Cloud ( by the plugin available on cloud "Simple Edit WYSIWIG Editor" ) 

http://www.amnet.net.au/~ghannington/confluence/wikifier/

http://www.amnet.net.au/~ghannington/confluence/readme.html

Suggest an answer