Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Temporarily click through to the old issue view

Some users don't have the option to set the old view temporatily during at the issue view. Is there a way to administrate this option for the users? I couldn't find this option on the global administration or on the projekt settings.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Are the users looking at issues in Company Managed projects or Team Managed projects?

As per this document, this option is available only for issues in Company Managed projects.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/temporarily-click-through-to-the-old-issue-view/

Hello Trudy,

it is a company managed project. The user has the same rights within the project as the users.

Are these users that have been added to the system since March 31? That is the day Atlassian switched everybody to the new view. I'm not sure if that could be a factor.

To confirm, the users are not seeing this option?

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.19.01 PM.png

One thing I noticed is that option seems to be available to me only when I open the issue in a browser tab/window. If I click on the issue and the details display in a pop-up, then I don't see the option.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.21.04 PM.png

Other users who have the exact same permissions can view the exact same issues and do see the option?

For the users who don't see the option, as a test can they manually append this to the URL and successfully see the issue in the old view?

?oldIssueView=true

Hi John,

thank you for the quick reply. But that is not exactly the answer to my question. The user would be ok to change the view with this button. But the user does not view this button to change that view. Is there a setting at the jira rights which could block that?

John Funk Community Leader May 07, 2021

I don't know why the button is not showing up now in your instance. You will probably need to open a support ticket with Atlassian. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Jira issue check and more advanced commit verifications for Bitbucket DC

Pre-receive hooks that verify the Git commit message, the modified files, and implement similar code change controls used to be requirements of large enterprises working in regulated industries only....

32 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you