Temporarily click through to the old issue view

Pierre Heinrich May 7, 2021

Some users don't have the option to set the old view temporatily during at the issue view. Is there a way to administrate this option for the users? I couldn't find this option on the global administration or on the projekt settings.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Are the users looking at issues in Company Managed projects or Team Managed projects?

As per this document, this option is available only for issues in Company Managed projects.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/temporarily-click-through-to-the-old-issue-view/

Hello Trudy,

it is a company managed project. The user has the same rights within the project as the users.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Are these users that have been added to the system since March 31? That is the day Atlassian switched everybody to the new view. I'm not sure if that could be a factor.

To confirm, the users are not seeing this option?

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.19.01 PM.png

One thing I noticed is that option seems to be available to me only when I open the issue in a browser tab/window. If I click on the issue and the details display in a pop-up, then I don't see the option.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.21.04 PM.png

Other users who have the exact same permissions can view the exact same issues and do see the option?

For the users who don't see the option, as a test can they manually append this to the URL and successfully see the issue in the old view?

?oldIssueView=true
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Hi John,

thank you for the quick reply. But that is not exactly the answer to my question. The user would be ok to change the view with this button. But the user does not view this button to change that view. Is there a setting at the jira rights which could block that?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

I don't know why the button is not showing up now in your instance. You will probably need to open a support ticket with Atlassian. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer