Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tempo Timesheets - Unable to log time in Jira issue where "jira.issue.editable" is false

In Jira Service Desk, we have a change management workflow with the "Implementing" step. This step has a property key "jira.issue.editable" set to "false" which prevents all users to edit the issue whilst it's in the "Implementing" state. 

Now we have installed Tempo Timesheets and users can not log time whilst the Product change issue is in the "Implementing" state. It gives an "Error: Something went wrong". 

Is it possible to have another property key set to allow "Log Time" for all users whilst the issue is in implementing state? 

2 answers

ake a look at this thread here in the community:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/jira-permission-edit-vs-jira-issue-editable-properties/qaq-p/707072

I think it's quite helpful in respect to permissions versus properties.

Tempo has its own permissions and its worklog is separate from the Jira issue.  Perhaps try restricting the jira.edit permission instead at transition - and insure users still have the work on issues permission in Tempo.

I haven't tried this myself but check it out.

Documentation on Tempo permissions for Jira server are online here:

https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/285343748/Permissions+-+Tempo+Server

0 votes
Robert Wen Community Leader Dec 02, 2021

Hello @Nupal Patel 

I'm going to "guess" that it's not possible since the act of logging time is, in essence, editing the issue.  

But, I could be wrong.

Thank you for your reply. Having posted earlier questions, we have found 2 workarounds:

1) move the ticket back to the previous state where the editing is possible. 

2) By default, we create a sub-task for each production change, sub-task workflows are different, which means the engineer supporting the change can log against the sub-task but not the parent change ticket. 

Like Robert Wen likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

745 views 23 27
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you