Team member cannot view board

Christine Malia December 4, 2017

A new team member of mine is not able to view a particular board.  When he looks under Boards > View All Boards, he does not see our team board.

He is a part of all of the same groups that I am part of, an Administrator of the board in Board settings, and listed and a site-admin as well.  He can also see and manipulate the tickets and queues under the Projects section.

Is this a bug, a known issue, or did we fail to turn on some sort of additional visibility switch that’s needed?

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Each boards are created from a filter. Can you check the board's filter and see if it is shared with that user?

Sonal Dalal May 24, 2021

This helped me to resolve this issue. Thanks.

4 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

From Jira help docs, A board is available to all users who can view the saved filter on which the board is based. (Note that they will also need 'Browse' permission for the project(s) whose issues are shown on the board.)

1 vote
Allan Mangaser December 6, 2017

Thanks @rambabu patina and @Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist].  We found out that the filter was not shared with any groups.  Changing it to include one of the groups the user was got us what we needed.  Steps given to us via Atlassian Support:

1. At the top of the screen, click Issues > Manage filters
  2. In the left panel, click My
  3. Locate the filter called Filter for USUP and, next to it, click More (three dots ...) > Edit
  4. Next to Shares, select Group in the first dropdown and add appropriate group
  5. Click Add and then click Save

Suggest an answer