Tasks from previous sprint do not show in burndown chart

Vader 90210 September 18, 2012

Some tasks (some containing subtasks) were not completed at the end of our sprint and were moved forward to the next sprint. The tasks appear on the Rapid Board in the work view but when time is logged it does not appear on the burndown chart in the work view. When I went back I noticed that none of the issues from the prior sprint actually appear burndown chart or the sprint reports.

I've poked around for a bit but I haven't found a solution. Any ideas of what I can do or what I've done wrong?

2 answers

0 votes
Vader 90210 November 14, 2012

Worked with Atlassian support for a while on this issue. It is believed the newer release of GreenHopper 6 fixes the problem, although it was never clear if support could actually reproduce the issue. Before ending a sprint I now manually remove partially complete tasks.

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

You might be being hit by the "Query Result Limit" in the Global Configuration for GreenHopper. If your administrator has set this up then issues beyond that number will be filtered silently (due to a known bug, GHS-5938). Check that and see if it might be the case.

Thanks,
Shaun

Vader 90210 September 19, 2012

Thanks for the reply. "Query Result Limit" is set to "never ask".

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

OK, they must be being filtered out for some reason. Have you changed the filter on the board?

You might be best off logging an issue with support so they can walk you through diagnosing this because we'd need a lot more information (and screenshots) to be able to help much.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer