Tasks are not grouped inside their epics inside Jira Cloud Business Project

Merijn December 1, 2021

Hi all,

For our projects we need to have a three layer structure (Epic, task, sub-task). 

I have successfully added the Epic issue type to the project, which seems to work fine.

The only issue is that the timeline and list pages are not showing the tasks grouped under the Epics. Instead they show them as completely separate issues.

Can this be fixed?

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Merijn 

Correct, that is currently not available. The development team is aware of the need, but I do not know of a timeframe for any solution. 

Merijn December 1, 2021

Thanks for the answer! I hope it will get implemented soon, it would help us structure our projects in a much more organized manner.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

According to this article (by a third party organization) showing issues in Epics in the timeline is not a supported feature.

https://tmcalm.nl/blog/jira-core-is-now-jira-work-management/

This same statement is made in other posts I've found in this community on the same topic.

I have not been able to find an open change request for that feature so far. You could submit your own change request/suggestion for that here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

...or by using the Feedback option available in Jira.

Alternately, if you have the Jira Software product also, you could instead use a Jira Software project and use the Basic Roadmaps feature.

Merijn December 1, 2021

Thanks for the answer Trudy. 

I will submit my own change request then.

Suggest an answer