Synchronization of accounts

Aleksandr March 22, 2021

Hi! We need to sync projects from two different Jira accounts. Please tell me how this can be implemented. Thank!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

Please provide more details about exactly what you are trying to accomplish. There is not enough information in your post for us to assist you.

Aleksandr March 22, 2021

Our customer also uses Jira.

We need to synchronize the project in the customer's account with our project.

When the customer set a task for himself account, it will also be displayed in our account too.

Thank you!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

Is the customer using their own Cloud instance of JIRA? Are you talking about cross-instance synchronization?

Do you have access to their instance? Do they have access to yours?

What is the type of the projects to be synchronized; Service Management, Software, or something else?

Are the projects Classic or Next Gen?

Aleksandr March 22, 2021

Yes, the customer is also using Jira Cloud.

Yes, we need to sync the issue between two Jira Cloud accounts.

If necessary, access will be provided, from our side and from the customer's side.

It's a Software projects.

It's a Next Gen projects, but if necessary, we can create Classic.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2021

There are apps you can add to your JIRA instance that claim to support cross-instance issue sync. If you go to the marketplace and search for "jira cloud issue sync" you will find some.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=jira+cloud+issue+sync

Disclaimer: I do not work for any of the vendors offering apps. I have never tried to use any of these apps to sync issues between projects in different JIRA Cloud instances.

Aleksandr March 22, 2021

Thanks for the help! We will try to use them

1 vote
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Hello @Aleksandr 
Thank you for posting in the community,
I'm Jose, from the Exalate team.

You can integrate the two Jiras through an Exalate connection. 

Here is the step by step process:

Make sure you start on Step 1

Let me know if this helps you, 

Best regards,

Jose

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin