Switched Workflow Schemes, tasks on occasion now just don't move between statuses properly

Ryan Penning June 23, 2021

Hi there,

So I'm experiencing a peculiar issue with a Jira project that has swapped workflow schemes recently. The project was originally running on a workflow scheme that had one workflow and has since been migrated to a new scheme that features 3 workflows for different issue types we wanted to operate in a particular way. The new workflows used all the existing statuses of the old workflow and issues didn't need to go through any strange transfers to work.

However, several people have reported that when moving the tickets between different columns that they keep running into permission issues or the tickets themselves just disappear out of nowhere

Here is a video showing me moving this ticket around only for me to move it into the ToDo column via the "Read for production" transition.

Google drive video (time stamp: 1:58)

chrome_yRzlOF7mfZ.png

The workflow

chrome_AMGUgGldPL.png

This is the workflow that the bug ticket I'm moving around in the video is apart of, and that transition I've selected is the one that fails. 

TLDR; where should I be looking to fix this weird transition issue? Or is Jira just bugged after me swapping a scheme around?

1 answer

1 vote
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi @Ryan Penning - Check for the board configuration to understand the mapping between columns and workflow statuses.

Then look for workflow conditions on the transitions that you are making and check if the users have necessary permissions to transition the issues between these statuses/columns.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events