Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Swimlanes by custom issue type?

There is currently functionality to set swimlanes by epic/story - but we have created some custom issue types that allow us greater flexibility and a better view of what is going on across the board.

It would therefore be very useful to be able to apply a similar swimlane to boards based on a custom issue type - is this possible via JQL without having to specify every single specific issue?

5 answers

0 votes

You'd need a custom swimlane JQL for each issuetype, separately.

The other options in the drop-down selection are coded into Software individually, there's no way to add any sneaky things into there without code.

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 18, 2017

absolutely. simply select Queries and construct whatever JQL you want, e.g. issuetype = mycustomeissuetype

I essentially want to mimic the "Epic" behaviour from the dropdown but to my custom type, not all of the issues of that type in a row - sorry for not being clearer

Jack Community Leader Jul 18, 2017

not possible w/o customization of code.

Hi mates,

May any of you heard any news on this matter?

I've been trying to create swimlanes based on Discovery issetype (custom created by the team).

It would be nice to see my custom issue types in the box to select as we do for Epics, Stories, Assignees and Projects.

@Jack how may I suggest this enhancement ?

Thanks in advance

No change yet.

I am looking for this same feature! Any update? Do I need to file a feature request?

0 votes

Hi All

Any luck so far, me too looking for Swim-lanes based on "Issue type"

Jack Community Leader Jul 01, 2021

The current answer remains.

Like Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

49 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you