Swimlanes by custom issue type?

Lee Connolly July 18, 2017

There is currently functionality to set swimlanes by epic/story - but we have created some custom issue types that allow us greater flexibility and a better view of what is going on across the board.

It would therefore be very useful to be able to apply a similar swimlane to boards based on a custom issue type - is this possible via JQL without having to specify every single specific issue?

5 answers

0 votes
Sanjay Koravi July 1, 2021

Hi All

Any luck so far, me too looking for Swim-lanes based on "Issue type"

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

The current answer remains.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
0 votes
Kenneth M September 23, 2020

I am looking for this same feature! Any update? Do I need to file a feature request?

0 votes
Pedro HS Cunha August 18, 2020

Hi mates,

May any of you heard any news on this matter?

I've been trying to create swimlanes based on Discovery issetype (custom created by the team).

It would be nice to see my custom issue types in the box to select as we do for Epics, Stories, Assignees and Projects.

@Jack how may I suggest this enhancement ?

Thanks in advance

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

No change yet.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2017

absolutely. simply select Queries and construct whatever JQL you want, e.g. issuetype = mycustomeissuetype

I essentially want to mimic the "Epic" behaviour from the dropdown but to my custom type, not all of the issues of that type in a row - sorry for not being clearer

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2017

not possible w/o customization of code.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2017

You'd need a custom swimlane JQL for each issuetype, separately.

The other options in the drop-down selection are coded into Software individually, there's no way to add any sneaky things into there without code.

:(

Suggest an answer