Swim lanes based on priority

Brent Pearson November 11, 2014

In my last job we had our agile board set up with swim lanes based on issue priority. I have just setup JIRA in my new company but I can't see that as a board option.  How can I configure this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2014

Go into the swimlane definition and add a definition of "filter",  You get to name the filter (that appears on the left) and give it some JQL (so, "priority = x").  Repeat for each priority and you have it.

I think that's maybe what Jose was getting at too, although he's used the wrong language - a quick-filter is a filter across the top for toggling, well, quick filtering in the display.  Swimlane filters are NOT quick filters.  But I think that's what he meant.

Thanks Nic and Jose OK, now I understand what you mean by the filters for the left..... I was thrown by the term quick filter which I assumed was the filters across the top. I understand how to configure this now. Thanks

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

Yes, I have mixed up swim lane and quick filter, more focussing the use of a jql in both cases, less considering where the results appear.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2014

Quick filters are not related to swimlanes, they do two different things.

0 votes

Thanks for your answer Jose, but it definitely wasn't done as a filter...   All 5 priorities were displayed down the left hand side.

BP

Suggest an answer