Support for Postgre 10

Hermes Austria IT December 15, 2017

We want to move our Jira instance to a new server.

As all of our new servers are Windows Server 2016, we would also like to install the supported postgre version 10.

When will Postgre 10 be supported for jira, bitbucket and bamboo?

Best Regards
Christian

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2019

Atlassian will start working on adding PostgreSQL 10 support for Jira Server in the near future and will be reflecting the status on JRASERVER-65910.

Please join there, vote for it and set yourself as a watcher.  You'll receive an update there on our progress going forward.

We've also planned adding support for PostgreSQL 11. See JRASERVER-68578 for updates.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi Christian,

I was able to find a Jira feature request for this, and I created requests for Bamboo and Bitbucket Server as well:

I've also been in contact with the product managers for the individual products. Please watch the requests above and vote on them, and you will see once they update with any information for you.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 18, 2017

Hi Christian,

I've received notification that Bamboo 6.3.0 will support Postgres 10. It is currently in the EAP program:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/download-eap

This means you can try it now, but we don't recommend using it for production yet. We don't have a hard set date on official release, but please keep an eye on that.

Regarding Bitbucket Server, it's being worked on, but we do not have any further information about it. Please watch the case I sent you above for updates BSERV-10473.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer