Support Tools Plugin update for Jira version 7.4.3

Tobias Dauenhauer September 7, 2017

Hi all,

I want to upgrade our JIRA Server Instance to 7.4.3 and I recognized during preparation that the Support Tools Plugin is only compatible till 7.3.8. So I wanted to ask if there will be an update for this plugin so it supports JIRA Server 7.4.3 and above?

Sincerely

Tobias

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hi Tobias, 

Out of curiosity was the "supported" message you observed in the pre-upgrade plugin version checker in UPM? 

Just looking over the Marketplace entry the Support Tools Plugin I do see the current release is supported up to 7.3.8 as you reported.

for https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.support.stp/server/versionhistory

I set up a quick local testing instance and I can see we do bundle a supported version of STP in 7.4.3, it just hasn't been introduced to Marketplace yet. 

Tobias Dauenhauer September 7, 2017

Hi David,

the plugin is shown as unsupported to me when I use the pre-upgrade plugin version checker of UPM. 

If I understand you rigth there will be an update which supports 7.4.3?

David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Awesome thanks for confirming the source of the supported messaging. Right now versions of JIRA above 7.3.8 ship with a supported version of the Support Tools Plugin so there's no immedate cause for concern. If there's an update to this plugin for JIRA versions above 7.3.8 then we can expect to see a new version of the plugin added to Marketplace. 

Cheers!

Suggest an answer