Summarize the values in Opportunity value

Niklas Swedenborg November 22, 2017

Hi. 

I have a business board for leads and found and added the field Opportunity value. Is there an easy way for a newbie like me to summarize the values for field for several issues?

Thanks

N

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

I’m going to go out on a limb here with the following guesses:

• Opportunity values is a customer field created by someone in your organization
  • the field type is likely numeric vs text
  • this field is used to capture the estimated dollar value if the issue (feature) is delivered
  • you want to be able to show the total potential value of all the issues in a given status

If the above is basically correct there is no way to total fields in JIRA. Maybe via a plugin but not personally familiar with any such feature. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

What type of field is it, and what are you looking for from a "summary"?

Niklas Swedenborg November 27, 2017

The field is one that I could chose to add to my issues, nothing that I myself invented. I guess it is a part of the predefined filelds for a "business" project.

What I am looking for is to summarise the values in this field for several ticket. Ideally a summary for all tickets with a specific status in my workflow.

Thanks for taking the time!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2017

Ok, useful background, but what type of field is "opportunity value" and what do you want a summary to look like?

Niklas Swedenborg November 28, 2017

Not sure how to answer the question about what type of field. It holds numeric values, but other than that I'm sure what to say... 

The report could be super simple. Columns with my statuses and the sum of the opportunity values on the next row. If this is displayed horisontal or vertical does not really matter to me. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2017

"Holds numeric values" is good enough - it's a number field, and a summary of "add them up" works great.

As Jack says, there's no simple way to add up arbitrary fields in Jira - you'll want to look for add-ons to do that.  The "sum up" add-on springs to mind first!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2017

ah, "sum up" the name was so obvious I missed it! LOL.

Suggest an answer