Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Suggestions on monitoring tools for JIRA

Hi,

I have an on prem version of JIRA. Periodically when we reboot the server for scheduled maintenance (e.g. Windows updates, patches, etc.), JIRA would not come back up. (e.g. it would try to start up, but it would give errors).

I wouldn't know about these errors unless someone informs me the next day. I was wondering if there are some suggestons on programs that can monitor the server? (e.g. if it goes down, an alert would be sent out).

Sincerely,

Jason

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jul 22, 2021

@Jason Yeung 

There are a lot of online options that are free to monitor a site's uptime.  Is your site publicly available or is it inside of your intranet?  If it is public something like statuspage or freshping would work and could alert you to an outage.  There are also a lot of others if you just google monitor web site up time.

If your application is within an intranet then you will need something internal to monitor it.  You should check with your IT team and see if they have something like Zabbix installed for monitoring.  They could write a rule that would check and notify you of outages.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

931 views 2 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you