Suddently, I can't create Bug issues

Ron Wiese January 23, 2020

Jira is giving me the following error when I try to finalize creation of a new item by pushing the "Create" button:

"Story Points: Story Points is required."

Bugs don't have story points, so I can't create the bug.

This just started within the past week or so.

1 answer

1 vote
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hello Ron,

Hope you are having a great day!

From what it seems, the best option I believe is to check with your administrators about this project. Probably what is happening is that the project in which you are trying to create the Bug has the "Story points" field set as mandatory in the "Field configuration scheme".

To fix it the best option would be to change the screens associate with the bug by removing the story points and checking the field configuration to set the story points field is optional.

Please let me know if I managed to answer your question.

Cheers!

Ron Wiese January 23, 2020

Yep, that helped.  I'd like to know how that recently changed.  Is there a change log I would be able to access?  It doesn't show up in the Audit Log.

Thanks,

Ron

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Oh great, Ron!

Unfortunately, the audit log isn't intended to record all activity in Jira. :( The audit log is intended to record configuration changes that can impact users and projects.

So, currently, it is not possible to track changes in the field configuration and Atlassian has the feature requests below for both Cloud and Server versions:

I strongly recommend voting, watching and leaving your comment in the feature request that most fits your case. :)

Cheers!

Carlos

Like Adrian Stephen likes this

Suggest an answer