Suddenly only closed issues available in Plan mode

Tor Håkon Sigurdsen December 1, 2014

What happened:
We were browsing the backlog and updating issues from the Plan mode of our project. Suddenly only closed issues were available in the plan mode view.

• When searching in the issues we can find all our open issues.
  • We can see the correct number of open issues when in the column management configuration page.
  • The board Filter is set to "project = "<Project Name>" ORDER BY Rank ASC" and here we can see both open and closed issues

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tor Håkon Sigurdsen December 3, 2014

This issue was related to the issue GHS-11549. Atlassian support had to do a full restart of the JIRA instance and then it worked.

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2014

Hi Tor,

According to our documentation on the Plan Mode:

An issue will only be visible in Plan mode if:

• the issue is not a Sub-Task,
  • the issue matches the board's Saved Filter (see Configuring Filters),
  • the issue's status maps to one of the board's columns (but not the 'Done' column), and
  • there is at least a status being mapped to the right most column. Eg. If you have the columns To Do, In Progressand Done, ensure that you have a status mapped to In Progress at least. If you map all the statuses to the first column (To Do), you will not be able to see any issues in the Backlog.

Please make sure if you the Closed status mapped to the Done column.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Hi, and thanks for the answer We can only see issues with the status "Closed" in Plan Mode The boards's Saved Filter shows the correct issues when we test this The status "Closed" is mapped to the "Done" column, we also have statuses related to the To Do and In Progress columns The Backlog worked perfectly fine while we worked in it, but suddenly after doing a refresh, only closed cases were displayed... No idea about what happened... Regards Tor Håkon

cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2014

Hi Tor, Can you try to perform a reindex and see if it fixes the issue you are having? I believe this will help. Cheers, Clarissa.

Re-indexing did not solve the problem... I'm kind of uncertain what causes this, everything else seems normal except the Plan Mode... Regards Tor Håkon

cgauterio
Atlassian Team
December 1, 2014

Hi Tor, In this case, could you please create an issue at https://support.atlassian.com, and let us know which is the board that you are facing issues? I believe we need to take a closer look at it to pinpoint the exact problem. Cheers, Clarissa.

Kevin Hostler December 3, 2014

Hi - We are having the exact same issue with our backlog in Plan Mode. Only issues from the "Done" column are showing up in the backlog. I have remapped all the statuses with the columns and I get the same thing. Hope you can help. Kevin Hostler

cgauterio
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2014

Hi Kevin, In this case, I would suggest you raise an issue at https://support.atlassian.com so we can further investigate it. Cheers, Clarissa.

Tor Håkon Sigurdsen December 3, 2014

Hi Kevin, See my answer below. Registering a case with Atlassian and have them restart your JIRA instance should solve the problem Regards Tor Håkon

Kevin Hostler December 4, 2014

Hi, The restart solved the issue. Thanks, Kevin

Suggest an answer