Sub-Task Blocking Condition: which DONE status is it?

Mark Armantrout July 17, 2019

I'm trying to create a new sub-task blocking condition on a workflow in a classic project. I make a copy of my existing workflow to work on, and edit the copy. I pick one of my workflow transitions, and open the Conditions. I add a new condition. I pick "Sub-Task Blocking Condition". Then I get a screen titled "Add Parameters To Condition".

This screen lists dozens of workflow statuses. There are duplicates; DONE is in there at least six times. The list is unsorted. The list has statuses both from classic and next-gen projects. I just want to select DONE that applies to sub-tasks. How do I pick the right DONE workflow status from this crazy list?

crazylist.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2019

Hi Mark,

This is indeed slightly annoying, but not unsolvable.

Here's a workaround: Temporarily rename the status you are looking for to something memorable, "Sub-Task Done" for example. You can then easily find it in the list, add your condition and revert the name back to the original. 

Hope that helps,

Oliver

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hi Mark,

My experience is that it doesn't really matter if you choose too many statuses in the list. Your workflow will know the right one to check at the time. I would just cover all of my bases and move on.  :-)

Suggest an answer