Structure to show sub-tasks by specific name

Kate McGladdery February 23, 2024

Hi

I'm looking to have a structure which shows new demand tickets which show only the sub-tasks of a specific name (i.e Commercial).

i.e. the structure would show Project 1 as that has a sub-task called Commercial, but it would not show Project 2 as there is no sub-task called Commercial 

project 1.pngproject 2.png 

Thank you 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2024

Hello @Kate McGladdery 

You can achieve the described by first building the structure in full - with all Sub-tasks and their parent New Demands - and then applying a JQL-based Filter generator to it. If you add a filter with query: summary ~ Commercial and set it to work on All levels in its configuration, then as a result, only issues that match the query (Sub-tasks in this case) will be displayed. And since Structure always preserves the hierarchy and it can't show sub-items without their direct parent items, New Demands of matching Sub-tasks will always remain.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance or have other questions about Structure, please reach out to us directly at our support portal and we'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Thanks so much @Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_ this has definitely got it  closer to where it needs to be.

slight issue is that I have some new demand tickets which include Commerical in their summary. Is there any way to filter these ones out to just show where there is commercial in the sub-tasks?

Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2024

Sure, you can add type = sub-task and in the front of the JQL query, and the filter will only focus on Sub-tasks.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo

Thanks @Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_  working perfectly now 😊

Like Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_ likes this

Suggest an answer