Structure plugin : column that counts an occurrence in description, summary or comments

Mukund Iyer Rajamony November 19, 2021

I need a column that counts the number of times a keyword , say "foo", has appeared in a jira issue. (description, label or comments).

This key word could be both case sensitive as well as insensitive.

I intend to use this column in another column which is a formula.

Could someone please help?

2 answers

2 votes
Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 22, 2021

Hello @Mukund Iyer Rajamony!

Yulia from ALM works here!

Thank you for the option, @Chris Buzon.

It may also be possible to do this within Structure through a Formula column. However, we would need to understand some more details before determining if the solution would be right for you. Our support team would be happy to help you out with this.

Could you please send us a note via support@almworks.com or support.almworks.com? We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Yulia Barbash

Mukund Iyer Rajamony August 25, 2022

Thank you . I received help from ALM works. It suffices my need.

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021

You would do this outside structure, then just expose the custom field inside structure.

I'd suggest Jira automation, where you can do a search (regex probably?) of the description field and place the count into the custom field (which you'll need to create) to do that.

Suggest an answer