Story with Sub Tasks always in OPEN Column, although state is not OPEN

Deleted user June 4, 2013

Hey everybody,

I use the SCRUM board with different columns such as open, in progress,qa etc.

I have Story with several subtasks:

The subtasks are displayed in the right column, but the Story itself is always in open, although having set the "parent" story itself to qa, for example. The Story covers all columns but starts at OPEN. I want the story titel to be in the right column.

Any ideas about this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2013

Hi Hüseyin,

This is by design. In order for parent to be able to group its subtasks for users to view, parent task need to cover all the columns regardless its status.

If you have any suggestion for improvement regarding this matter, feel free to raise an improvement request at https://jira.atlassian.com under GreenHopper project.

Cheers,

Fahd

Deleted user June 4, 2013

Hey Muhammad,

thanks for your quick reply.

Is there any other chance to visually indicate the "real" state of the parent story?

Within the title of the story, or the background color,etc.?

Cheers,hüseyin

0 votes
Simon Pfeiffer July 21, 2014

Hi Muhammad,

what about the following: If the story has at least one task that is in progress, display the story name in the middle column. If all tasks are open, display the story name in the "open" column, if all tasks are done, display the story name in the "done" column.

Best regards,

Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events