Story ponts not burning in Burndown chart

C Ash February 26, 2012

Hi We have just installed Jira and Greenhopper and are trying to use them. The story points in the sprint don't seem to be burning down in the chart even though several storys are now in the "done" column.

I'm wondering if there is a setting that I am missing in the configuration. Currently we have a version "sprint 3" I can see total story points but yet none are burning down.

The "time remaining" also seems to be off but I'm not sure how that is calculated.

Don't know if it's relavant but we did import some of our storys and tasks from scrumworks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2012

Time-tracking statistics and charts are calculated per sprint, using the sprint's Start Date and End Date, not the release date of a version. Did you set these dates ?

Is Timetracking enabled in your Jira instance ?

0 votes
C Ash February 27, 2012

Thanks I adjusted the start and end dates then by the next day the story points have started to show in the burn down chart.

Does it take a day for them to display there?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2012

normally not, of course. That would be a big bug. Afterwards, it is difficult to guess, what the problem was.

Suggest an answer