Story points are not populating the Story Point pill/cell on Sprint Board

Andrew Custer July 19, 2021

We can not find how to get Story Points to show up in pill/cell in our Sprint boards. The following image shows what I am talking about. The point displays above the issueType icon, but not in the pill between the priority icon and the ticket number. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 5.33.43 PM.png

These two images show that we are recording it in sidebar of the ticket, and also how it displays in the Backlog view. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 5.34.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-19 at 5.33.58 PM.png

Anybody know what is causing this?

Thanks

Andrew

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

Hi @Andrew Custer

this is a company-managed project right? You can determine that by looking at the project, on the bottom left it is stated.

Those project use "Story Point" as a custom field - however, team-managed projects use "Story point estimate" as Custom Field.
I seem to see that you use the field "Story point estimation" to put Story Points into - later you refer to a different custom field (Story Points).
Probably this is the simple cause and you would be needing to use field "Story Points".

Regards,
Daniel

Andrew Custer September 20, 2021

Thanks all!

Andrea Smart February 22, 2022

I am having the same issue. This is a company managed project. What setting do I need to change and where?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 09.16.22.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 09.17.41.png

1 vote
shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

You can populate this in board setting -->Card Layout and select Story Point estimation .

It should work .

Andrew Custer July 20, 2021

Thanks Shruti. I believe  we have it set up correctly but still not showing up. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.29.53 AM.png

shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2021

I believe you have not given Story point .I can see that Story Point estimation is given .

In order to show the Story Point in between Priorty and ticket num ,add story point value .

Here in the below pic 11 is Story Point and 19 is Story Point Estimation.

story point.PNG

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Andrew Custer ,

could you please check in the Board Configuration, there should be a "Estimation" Option in the menu on the left. There you could set the estimation to Story Points. Then they should be shown also on the cards.

Andrew Custer July 20, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.28.10 AM.png

Thanks for your response Bastian. We already have it set to Story Points. That's what is confusing us. 

0 votes
Anton _Tech-5_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 26, 2021

It looks like a problem with Story Point fields for Team and Company managed projects, described here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Story-point-and-story-point-estimate-duplicate-fields/qaq-p/904742 

If I were you, I would change the default estimation field to Story Points to avoid issues. 

Side note: I also recommend using free Magic Estimations app for Story Point estimation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events