Story point estimation missing

Phil February 7, 2019

I've enabled "Estimation" as a feature of my next-gen project but "Story point estimate" does not appear any where. Am I missing a step?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phil February 14, 2019

Turns out the Estimation feature said it was "on" in the interface but was "off" in the backend. Support team fixed it. 

Thank you.

2 votes
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2019

Hi @Phil - You might also need to add the Story point estimate field to the issue type you want to add estimates to. Here's how:

1. Go to your next-gen project > Project settingsIssue Types.
  2. Drag the Story point estimate field from the right.
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2019

By default the Time Tracking section won't display for an issue if there is no original estimate. Go to the detailed issue view of a given issue, click the edit look for Original Estimate and if found add in an estimate, save it and see if Time Tracking now displays. If OE is not in the Edit view you need to add the field to the screen, details of which will depend on if you are on server or cloud. 

Suggest an answer