I have a shared JIRA instance with many different projects. Is there a way to have multiple story point fields so that they can be configured for individual projects?
1) project #1 wants the story point associated to the default issue type(Epic and Story) will have story point associated)
2) project #2, wants story point associated to Epic, Story, Bug issue types
3) project #3: wants story point associated with Epic, Story, Data
There's several ways to approach this, but I would go with:
Stick with one "Story Points" field. Make it global across all projects.
Rename your standard field configuration scheme to something like "field config with SP", copy it, and rename the new one "field config without SP". Then edit the copy, setting the "story points" field as "hidden"
Next, create three "field configuration schemes", with
1) "field config with SP" associated with Epic and Story
2) "field config with SP" associated with Epic, Story and Bug
3) "field config with SP" associated with Epic, Story and Data
And use the other scheme for the other issue types.
Finally, associate each scheme with the relevant projects.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs