Stories are not getting burnt and getting spilled over to next sprint each time .

Nutan_Kishore September 13, 2022

Stories are not getting burnt and getting spilled over to next sprint each time .

The Stories are marked to Status as "Ready for Release" , Resolution as "Done"., Still the User stories are getting spilled over .

3 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hello @Nutan_Kishore 

Do the stories have Sub-tasks? If so are any of those Sub-tasks in a Status that is not mapped to the right-most column on your board?

Stories do not have sub tasks 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

I don't have any additional ideas for the cause of the issue. I agree with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  and @Bastian Stehmann  that you should raise this to Atlassian Support directly for more assistance.

And please report back to us on what you find out.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

This might have to go to Atlassian as @Bastian Stehmann says, but there's a bit more debugging I'd like to look at first.

Could you

Tell us what type of project it is (company managed or team managed)

Confirm the swimlane settings - it looks like you might be doing swimlanes by Epic, but I can't be 100% sure

Give us a screenshot with a bit more info in it.  Not the issues, your screenshot from earlier was just what we needed, but I'd like to see the headers of the board too.  For example:

Selection_008.png

Basically the section from "Active sprints" across to ... and then down to the column names, don't need to see issues

project is Company managed , as I can see at the left bottom of the screen .

yes , Swimlane is EPIC based

JIRA1.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Thank you!  That's just what we needed to see.

It's bad news though, your screenshot and confirmation have ruled out all the problems I can think of.

Definitely needs to go to Atlassian - there's something we are missing here.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Hi @Nutan_Kishore ,

Are the stories in the right-most column on the board? I think, only issues in that column are treated as done in regards to the board.

yes , they are in rightmost column 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Can you share a screenshot of the board?

JIRA Board.JPG

All the stories under "Released" Column are getting spilled over in next sprint , and the SP are pilling up 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Hmm, thats weird. It looks good so far.

Can you tell me what status category the released status has? If that is not Done (green status) maybe thats the problem. 

It is having "Done" (green status)

can we connect on call and then I can show you the problem stmt

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

I'm sorry, I don't have any more ideas what might cause this.

I think, its best to raise an issue with Atlassian support, they can analyze that better.

You can reach them here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events