Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Stop a transition after 10 days

Hi,

I have a status : "Done" against tickets, the same ticket can be re-opened by navigating through a transition "Issue remains" by anyone after it was marked done. I need to stop users from re-opening the ticket if it has been more than 10 days when it was marked as "Done".

I tried looking for a validator but sadly I wasn't able to identify any way to do this.

Is there a possible pay to achieve this ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@binay_yadav  We have another status like close which do not have any outgoing transition, so for 10 days issue remains in Done status from where it can be reopened and after 10 days it is transitioned into Close status from where no one can reopen it. 

You can automate transition from done to close also if needed you can have an reopen kind of transition in close status which is only available to certain user in case you need to reopen the close issue also .

Hi @ASHU TYAGI ,

Thanks for helping out. This could be one possible solution but we already have a status "close" which is reserved to auto-close tickets on which we were pending reply from client side and no reply was received. So we use "Done" to identify tickets which have a resolution and efforts were done by agents.

I can create a separate status but we have some source systems which are integrated to status using Jira API and are using logic based on status to create client reports, hence I am refraining from making any changes to workflow status because we'll need additional efforts to change the source system logic.

@binay_yadav  I guess than binay you can do one more thing to achieve it, create a new field or use any existing field something like a single select saying "Reopen" and it will have only one option  Yes  , have that field only on view screen not on edit screen so no one can edit it. Now at done status create a self looping transition which will have a transition screen with that field and you restrict that transition to maybe yourself or someone  from your team using workflow conditions so not everyone can execute that transition, On re-open transition have a Field required Validator which will check that field has some value and if it has some value then it will allow transition and it it is empty it will block transition.

You can set automation to empty or unset value of that field automatically.

You don't have to exactly use this logic which i mentioned but i hope you get an idea on how to achieve it.

Thanks @ASHU TYAGI this seems to be viable suggestion in our case, I'll try it and see if it works.

You are welcome, let me know if it helps

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

935 views 2 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you