Status Done is not always a "Done" task.

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Most likely i messed something with a status mapping, but i cant see where it went wrong and why. 
Problem is: some tasks moved to last 'right' column DONE marked as 'Done' (see pic 1.) and some dont (pic 2.).

What i'm trying to achieve? If done, mark as done, if move out of 'Done' do an un-done.

CT board - Agile Board - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 20 (2).png

Pic 1. Done and "Done" CT board - Agile Board - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 20 (1).png

Pic. 2. Just Done status.

Moreover, is i move those 'Done' tasks back to another status, the task remains strikeout and still marked as done. (see pic 3). 

CT board - Agile Board - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 20 (3).png
Pic 3. Status change, but resolution not.

I've added screen of my Flow and Board configuration.
Software Simplified Workflow for Project CT - Jira.pngCT board - [RBK-8] [101$] Verify Email & Phone Cha.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2020

Edit every transition in your workflow.

• The All -> Done needs to have one (but not both) of these:
    • a screen that has the resolution on it
    • a post-function that sets the resolution to something (use the "update field" post-function, selecting resolution and the value you want to use for it - fixed or done are probably best)
  • The All to <all the other status> should have a post-function on them that clears resolution.  Again select the "update field" and resolution, but choose the value of <none> at the top of the option list
Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Thanks! I've created a post-function for done to set as done and for all other statuses clearing that. Not sure why i get broken through, but now i know how to fix it.

Transition_ Testing - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 2020-.pngTransition_ Done - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 2020-12-.png

1 vote
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2020

Hi @Alexey ,

It's regarding "Resolution" you chosen while  moving to "DONE" Status.

For "CT-6" check issue history , may be it moved back from "DONE Status".

In Jira once the "Resolution" is check the ticket will be strike off.  

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2020

Thanks for the reply, yea, now i added to every non-Done status a post-function to clear the resolution from 'done'.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2020

Yes correct , because all statuses are connected one to all.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events