• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Status Done is not always a "Done" task.

Most likely i messed something with a status mapping, but i cant see where it went wrong and why. 
Problem is: some tasks moved to last 'right' column DONE marked as 'Done' (see pic 1.) and some dont (pic 2.).

What i'm trying to achieve? If done, mark as done, if move out of 'Done' do an un-done.

CT board - Agile Board - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 20 (2).png

Pic 1. Done and "Done" CT board - Agile Board - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 20 (1).png

Pic. 2. Just Done status.

Moreover, is i move those 'Done' tasks back to another status, the task remains strikeout and still marked as done. (see pic 3). 

CT board - Agile Board - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 20 (3).png
Pic 3. Status change, but resolution not.

I've added screen of my Flow and Board configuration.
Software Simplified Workflow for Project CT - Jira.pngCT board - [RBK-8] [101$] Verify Email & Phone Cha.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Edit every transition in your workflow.

• The All -> Done needs to have one (but not both) of these:
    • a screen that has the resolution on it
    • a post-function that sets the resolution to something (use the "update field" post-function, selecting resolution and the value you want to use for it - fixed or done are probably best)
  • The All to <all the other status> should have a post-function on them that clears resolution.  Again select the "update field" and resolution, but choose the value of <none> at the top of the option list

Thanks! I've created a post-function for done to set as done and for all other statuses clearing that. Not sure why i get broken through, but now i know how to fix it.

Transition_ Testing - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 2020-.pngTransition_ Done - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 2020-12-.png

1 vote

Hi @Alexey ,

It's regarding "Resolution" you chosen while  moving to "DONE" Status.

For "CT-6" check issue history , may be it moved back from "DONE Status".

In Jira once the "Resolution" is check the ticket will be strike off.  

Thanks for the reply, yea, now i added to every non-Done status a post-function to clear the resolution from 'done'.

Yes correct , because all statuses are connected one to all.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

636 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you