Date/Time formats already reset.

StartSprintError.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

To update this thread:

We found that the source of this problem was the input dates Jira was setup to use in this case.

However our KB article at the time indicated that the problem was the display of these time formats, and not specifically the settings for how these values are input to Jira.  As such I have updated the KB on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/starting-sprint-fails-with-error-typeerror-b-is-null-795937032.html in order to indicate that this problem is caused by the changes to the input date or time formats in Jira that can be changed in the Advanced Settings section of the system administration menu.

@J. Schlottbom Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.  Sorry our KB was not completely accurate at that time.

Regards,

Andy

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi Jan,

This could be happening for a number of reasons, however, the most common is JavaScript from an announcement banner or a third party add-on.  To verify whether this is the cause:

• Remove the contents of the announcement banner and test
  • Put JIRA in Safe Mode and test

In addition can I please also have a screenshot of the System > User Interface > Look and Feel > Date/Time Formats section.

Cheers,

Branden

J. Schlottbom January 18, 2018

Hi Branden,

thank you for your answer.

Here are our current Date/Time Formats. I already changed them before the last test.

grafik.png

Usually they are defined als follows:

Zeit und Datumsformate.PNG

We have no announcement banner. In safe mode it still happens. Same Exception, same line etc.

Greetings,

Jan

J. Schlottbom January 18, 2018

We updated Jira to Version 7.7.0 and we still have the same exception.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2018

Hi Jan,

I think that Branden was looking at the possibility that this problem is caused by an unexpected date format.  From looking at your screenshots, it appears that you have set custom date/time values.  We can see this because you have the "Revert" button appear on this page.  More details on this in the KB: Starting Sprint fails with error TypeError: b is null

I am interested to see if perhaps you can revert those formats in order to see if you can then start that sprint correctly.

J. Schlottbom January 30, 2018

Hi Andrew, pls read my post again. I ALREADY REVERTED the date formats. I have done anything I found in the Internet and what you or Brandon said.

Apart from that it already worked with custom time formats.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2018

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I have created s support request for this issue over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/20/GHS-106524

I will be requesting some additional information from your environment so that we can better understand this problem.

Andy

Hello Andy,

thank you for creating the support request. I am glad that we can proceed in this issue. We will provide the additional information tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jan

0 votes

What is the status? Does anyone have an idea? Is someone investigating the problem?

At the moment we cant use our sprint/scrum projects properly.

If you need more information let me know. I havn't provided much information this time, because the first question was marked as spam and got deleted.

Suggest an answer