Start date is 1969 by default for sprints

Lance Bradley December 17, 2013

Hello - is there a general setting that exists in Jira Agile that can be used as a start date for the project? Right now everything is set as Dec 1969 - so my reports are skewed as they show a start date of Dec 1969. Can someone help?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2013

Hi Lance

I belive the start date of the sprint will follow the default current system date on your machine itself, for example if you are starting the sprint by today it will show 18 dec 2013 as the start date of the sprint.

However if you are referring on customizing the default duration (which is 2 weeks) of the sprint itself, as of now it is currently not possible to change it but there is already an improvement request being raised in here already: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7809

Please feel free to vote on it to increase its popularity and add yourself as watcher in order to receive any latest updates from the developer and feedback from other user that is facing the same issue.

Lance Bradley December 17, 2013

Daryl - thanks - but not sure that is what I need help with. Let me know if this screen shot explains better.

Suggest an answer