Start/End Date on Epics cannot be changed - It always show the creation date

Marianna Bruzzese March 4, 2021

HI All,
i am having this strange issue on Jira.

When I create an epic, the end date is automatically assigned as the creation date of the epic. Once I try to change this date, inserting the real expected start/end date, it is saved for a moment, but after seconds it returns to the "creation date".

I have checked the settings and it seems that nothing has been setting as default value. This is an optional Custom field and I don't understand why it is switching every time to the "creation date". I would like to change this setting.

I tried to make it blank, but it always returns to the creation date. 

I'd like to use the Roadmap plugin to display the project. But this setting is affecting the visualization since it doesn't allow to change also the baseline start date.

Could you please help me?

Just for a more complete information, we have installed Big Picture plugin but we are not using it for the moment.

Thanks

Marianna

2 answers

0 votes
Wensi Song March 2, 2022

Same issue here, did you solve it?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Is this a next-gen project or Classic. Are you using roadmaps? In classic projects with Epics there is no “end date” so I am trying to understand if this has to do with roadmaps or if you have some custom field for end date and automation setting that date at creation.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Marianna Bruzzese

The situation may be caused by BigPicture if a given epic in the scope of any BigPicture Program. By default, our app requires two points on the timeline (in other words, two dates) to generate a taskbar and determine the start and endpoints.

Robert Brissett July 29, 2021

I am experiencing the same issue however, I am not using Big Picture but I am using Next-Gen project.

Robert Brissett September 1, 2021

Hi Jack,

I am using the next-gen software project and am using the Roadmap feature of that project.  I am also having the same issue with the business project of type content calendar.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

I don’t have any experience with Roadmaps In TMP projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events