Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Start/End Date on Epics cannot be changed - It always show the creation date Edited

HI All,
i am having this strange issue on Jira.

When I create an epic, the end date is automatically assigned as the creation date of the epic. Once I try to change this date, inserting the real expected start/end date, it is saved for a moment, but after seconds it returns to the "creation date".

I have checked the settings and it seems that nothing has been setting as default value. This is an optional Custom field and I don't understand why it is switching every time to the "creation date". I would like to change this setting.

I tried to make it blank, but it always returns to the creation date. 

I'd like to use the Roadmap plugin to display the project. But this setting is affecting the visualization since it doesn't allow to change also the baseline start date.

Could you please help me?

Just for a more complete information, we have installed Big Picture plugin but we are not using it for the moment.

Thanks

Marianna

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Mar 04, 2021

Is this a next-gen project or Classic. Are you using roadmaps? In classic projects with Epics there is no “end date” so I am trying to understand if this has to do with roadmaps or if you have some custom field for end date and automation setting that date at creation.

Hi @Marianna Bruzzese

The situation may be caused by BigPicture if a given epic in the scope of any BigPicture Program. By default, our app requires two points on the timeline (in other words, two dates) to generate a taskbar and determine the start and endpoints.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

⚡️NEW Group for Confluence Cloud Admins

Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins!  We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...

97 views 2 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you