Start Date on the Roadmap bars and the task or stories does not change

Michelle salas May 16, 2022

Hi, 

How do I get an updated Start Date to the Roadmap bars as well as the task and stories to stick? I need to update the start date to reflect new changes on our Company Managed project, however; after several attempts to changing the Start Date, the date reverts back to the initial date. 

Please Advise. 

Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hi Michelle, 

What type of project methodology is in use (I am assuming Scrum)?  Also which Roadmaps are in use (Advanced or Standard Roadmaps)?

I ask because I have a suspicion as to what you are seeing, but I would need a bit more detail to help me confirm my suspicion.  If you are using the standard Roadmap and the tasks/stories are assigned to a sprint in Scrum, only Epic start and end dates can be updated on the Roadmap.  The individual tasks and stories will set their Roadmap bars to the size of the sprint they are assigned to.  

Advanced Roadmaps provide additional functionality that allows for setting more customization for individual issue start and end dates.  

Does that potentially sound like what you are seeing?  

Best, 

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events