Standard gadget templates in dashboards do not include the required field

Evelina December 2, 2022

Is it possible to make a graph based on a custom field in standard gadget templates? I added a numeric field with the name "rating", for example, I add 10, I want to reflect it on the share chart, but this field is not in the drop-down list of possible fields for the pie chart. How can I make such a chart?

2 answers

0 votes
Evelina Dzhemakulova December 2, 2022

Yes, I’ve tried exactly the pie chart (both versions). But in “statistic type” there is no my custom numeric field “rating”. It shows only a number of tasks by every user, not a number from the field “rating”.

I also created a filter with the necessary parameters in order to link it to the pie chart later, but still, when a assignee is selected as a "type of statistics", the user shows the number of tasks and not the number of ratings scored.

In general, I have to make a graph comparing the ratings of different users

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Evelina , which specific gadget are you using? You mention the "share" gadget but I am not aware of that gadget. Could you try something like Pie chart?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hi Evelina, just some housekeeping... when responding to users in the Community please use the Reply vs. Answer. This keeps things readable for others that stumble here.

So I cannot access any of my dashboards at the moment to confirm. However, you certainly should be able to select a Numeric custom field in your gadgets. With that said, you cannot select two fields in most gadgets. The Two dimensional being the exception.

I'm trying to visualize what a "graph comparing the ratings of different users" would look like. Maybe you are trying to show the average rating of issues assigned to a given user?

consider the following data...

Fred has three issues with ratings: 6, 8, 4

Sally has five issues with ratings: 9, 10, 8, 9, 9

how would you present this?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

If you were to use the two dimensional gadget you could set Rating to x-axis and user to y-axis. This would yield something like...

1      2        3       4        5        6         7        8       9         10

Fred                                  1                     1                   1

Sally                                                                             1       3          1

Evelina December 2, 2022

Actually, I need to summarise all numbers of each user and show it in the chart.

If we sum,

Fred: 18 (total from 3 issues)

Sally: 45 (total from 5 issues)

I need to take data from custom field, but I can’t

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

there isn’t a way to do that natively. I would look at the marketplace for possible solutions or consider exporting to Excel/Sheets. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events