Sprint management in GreenHopper version 5.2.3

Ankit Doshi November 11, 2012

Hi,

I am not sure about how to manage Sprints in GreenHopper version 5.2.3. I read through documentation but I do not see any explicit way to create Sprints in this version. Do we have to create Versions for each sprint here?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Yes, you manage Sprints via fixVersion pre GH v6, which decoupled the Sprints from the fixVersion field.

In adminstration you add a fixVersion for each Sprint. In the statistics column on the planning board you can enter a start and an end date for each of these Sprints.

You can also set it up so that the your Backlog is the parent of this fixVersion.

Ankit Doshi November 18, 2012

Hi, thanks for clarification. However this is a little confusing to me. FixVersion field, as I knew it earlier, was used to indicate the version in which the fix for a given JIRA (could be Bug) will be available and this is normally interesting for the testers. Whereas here we are using this field for the initial planning itself.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

This is the reason they have decoupled using fixVerison to organise sprints in GreenHopper 5.10+, it is now back to it's original design as you describe. If you are using GH 5 and the classic planning board, you must organise via fixVersion.

More info at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-945

Ankit Doshi November 18, 2012

Thanks for clarification.

Suggest an answer