Sprint # is not appearing on the Subtask of a story.

Shiva Rama Krishna Sripathi August 13, 2019

Hi,

As per my understanding,

1. when ever a story assigned to a sprint, then all its relative child task(subtask) also should be assigned with the same sprint#. But this is not happening.

2. I have manually added a sprint# field on child task(subtask) thru configurations, then sprint field is not appearing on the child task(subtask) page.

Due to this i am facing an issue in exporting the issues from All issues by applying filters where subtasks are not showing up even when i selected story and subtask.

Jira-2-1.PNGJira-2-2.pngjira-3.png

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

There's an unpleasant annoyance in Jira here in that while we're told "assume the sub-task stays with its parent, as it's supposed to", Jira does not actually track it like that. 

Similarly to the epic-link on the parent, the sub-task sprint is not carried down by Jira.

I fix this on Server by using Scriptrunner to duplicate the fields down to the sub-tasks, but I do not know if that could be made to work properly on Cloud.

Shiva Rama Krishna Sripathi August 16, 2019

Why the sprint number is not appearing on the sub task page even it was configured?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2019

Because of the things I said in my answer.

Suggest an answer